Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Failure is not an option!

So things have not been going as I wanted. No, that's not true. I have not made the effort to make them go the way I wanted! Between being tired and the extra stress in my life, I have not been eating healthy at all. Thankfully I have only maintained my weight and I haven't gained anything! This morning I weighed in at 199.0 which I am horrified to be at this weight still, but will not stay here for long! My sister has lost a bunch of weight and hit the 180s recently. I have much farther to go than she does since I am shorter than she is, but it is nice to be losing weight with someone! (Especially since the hubby doesn't seem to be interested in it right now!) So here is why I am struggling...I am not writing my food down. I kept saying I didn't need to track food, just eat healthier. Well, that's just dumb. I lost a lot of weight before (3o pounds) because I wrote down what I ate! So I started writing down my food yesterday. And yesterday I ate a lot of crap. So today I am choosing healthier options. I just went grocery shopping, so we have lots of stuff in the house. Now, not all of it is healthy, so I have to be careful. Tracking my food just keeps me mindful of what I am putting into my body. So, we'll see how it pans out this week.

On the exercise front, well, I was able to work out 2 times with my EA active that my hubby got me for Christmas last year! I am having a difficult time finding time to do it! I just need to get my butt out of bed in the morning! But when I wake up at 5 to feed the baby, all I want to do is go back to bed until 7. I just need to stay up at that point and workout. Another issue I am having...I cannot find my ipod charger anywhere. So I have no music and no way to track my runs if I run outside. I could run on the treadmill except the magnetic key for our treadmill has mysteriously disappeared. So it doesn't work. And the only place I can find to replace it will cost us 50 bucks! Geez! So I am feeling less than excited about running outside with no music. I have to stop letting that keep me from working out at all. I can still do other stuff like the 30 day shred, EA active, Wii fit, Core Rythms, No More Trouble Zones (which I haven't even tried yet!). So I need to just get off my butt during Elise's nap. Yesterday I took a nap instead.

I have been watching the Biggest Loser which is a huge motivation for me. It makes me realize that I can really do it. If they can do it, I can definitely do it. I just need to make the time. I can't just squeeze it in, I have to make it a priority. I know that things will get easier as Sean gets older and he doesn't nurse ever 2 hours, but until then I must find time for me to get myself healthy. I am tired of blogging about what I will do. I want to blog about what I have accomplished. That's part of the reason I haven't been blogging these days. But no more! I will accomplish my goals! I will make a lifestyle change! And I WILL get HEALTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment