Saturday, October 9, 2010

To workout or to not workout?

That is the question! At least it is for me this morning. The little man woke up at 6:15 which means that right now I am wide awake after getting 7 hours of sleep! Yay! I feel awesome this morning and I was able to resist going back to bed. So far. But here's the deal...I know that I work out better later during the day. I learned this about myself before I got pregnant. I learned that I had much more stamina if I worked out any time after lunch. I know this is because I have fueled my body all day long and therefore I am not working out on just having eaten after a night of sleep. Something about working out in the morning causes me to burn out much quicker. However, there is no guarantee that I will be able to do it later. I can absolutely plan for it to happen, but plans change. Especially with a 7 week old baby and a 2 year old in the house! I know that the hubby has to do dock out this morning and this evening he has to make phone calls. So that leaves the afternoon, which should work out for me. I just hate to put it off because I KNOW I have the opportunity now (well sort of...little man is still making all sorts of noises in his crib). I just know that I will not be able to workout with the intensity I would like to. Plus I am doing EA Active as well as a run...I need to have energy to be able to finish both!

Ok, that being said, I think I will wait. My parents are delivering a couch (YAY!) to my house at 9 am. I can see if my mom will stay and watch the kids then. Otherwise I WILL do it during Elise's nap. The hubby should be home by then and I will have the time to do it. I am looking forward to it! I am not feeling sore at all this morning, so that is good. I am feeling awesome! Since I am now going to workout later, I can either go back to bed for a little while, or I can get some stuff done around the house....hmmm. I think bed sounds nice :) But I am working on a little blanket that is sooo close to being done....

No comments:

Post a Comment