Thursday, October 28, 2010

So incredibly tired

I feel like I am dead on my feet right now. I could blame it on the fact that I have 10 week old baby...

But he sleeps through the night most of the time. I could blame it on insomnia...

Except I am sleeping so soundly lately that I sleep through the alarm clock. I could blame it on just lack of sleep...

Except I get a good solid 6 hours most nights. Well, maybe it's just not enough for me. I could try to go to bed earlier, but then there goes any time during the day that I can spend doing what I want to do or spending time with they hubby. Typically I am in bed by 11 and up between 5-7 for a baby feeding. I get up around 7 for good in order to get Neika to the bus stop on time.

I have no energy to workout, no time to take a nap. Today I had every intention of working out. It just never happened. I did however, manage to make 3 different new dishes today. I have a TON of dried beans, peas, and lentils in my pantry. Yesterday I soaked and cooked a pound of white beans, today I put them into 2 different recipes. One was really good, Pasta Fagioli, and the other one had no flavor at all. I will need to play around with it to get it to be edible. It's a good recipe base, I just need to add something...still trying to figure out how to spin it into something I will really enjoy. The third one I am trying is a white chicken chili. If it ends up good I can post the recipe for it. But it won't be done until tomorrow. Gotta love crock pot recipes!

So for being extremely tired today I did manage to accomplish a lot. This was due to the help of my mother in law as she watched the little ones for me during parts of the process. It was also the only thing keeping me awake! If I sat down I felt like I would start to doze. I knew I couldn't fall asleep with a 10 week old and a 2 year old running around the house (the 2 year old was running, not the 10 week old...he just kind of laid there, just wanted to clarify this!) So I feel like I didn't accomplish anything because I didn't actually do what I set out to do. What I need to do is focus on the fact that I have 3 very nutritious meals that I can feed my family ready to go. I have been really working on making food to freeze and I am doing fairly well with this task. I am learning to really love working in the kitchen and trying out new recipes. I think I have tried something new every day this week! It's been a blast! Now if I could just get enough energy to actually workout...

No comments:

Post a Comment