Friday, October 8, 2010

I learned something about myself today...

I don't like challenges. For whatever reason I hit a roadblock when I am in a challenge. Maybe it's the word itself. "Challenge". Like it's something that I really can't complete. I know this is untrue because I have accomplished so many things! A challenge is there to improve yourself from where you are now, to continually better yourself. It is meant to challenge where you are physically or mentally to get you into a better place. I typically am in school, I took the quarter off due to the baby. I mentally challenge myself constantly, and I enjoy it. Yet when it comes to weight loss, diet, or exercise I hit a wall when I am challenged....I am still trying to figure out a solution to this one. Last time around it worked for me to take it day by day, but it also was very easy to get off track. So for right now, it is one day at a time....

Today was an EA Active day. I restarted the 30 Day Challenge (there's that word again!). I had only done 2 days of it before on easy intensity. So this evening I revved it up to moderate intensity, and I know I will be feeling it in the morning! However I feel absolutely amazing right now. I always feel great after a good workout. I feel like I can conquer anything. Eating was a little less than stellar today, but it wasn't horrible. I wrote down everything I ate, but didn't get the calorie counts for everything so I'm not even sure where I am at with that. And tomorrow is my weigh day...go figure. But all is well, I know that I have been trending downward so even if there is an uptick tomorrow, I know it would be from all the sodium I ingested today. I have been downing the water like crazy too. And tomorrow is a new day! I can say that now because today is almost over :) My husband offered me a mudball (one of my mom's really yummy oreo truffles) after my workout. Normally these are hard for me to resist. I could eat the whole box in one day. I was able to turn him down. He teased me because I just worked out. In all honesty, I just wasn't hungry! I told him I had eaten what I needed for the day and didn't want/need anything else. I was really surprised at how true the statement was. I didn't want it. It didn't even sound good. I was very proud of myself to listening to my body instead of mindlessly eating something I know to be quite scrumptious but totally not good for me!

Tomorrow is Day 2 of the EA Active 30 Day Challenge. I am also scheduled to do a 3 mile run/walk. I look forward to a really good workout tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment