Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rough weekend

It all started Friday night...

I had been cleaning all day. Lost track of time and went way too long without eating. Realized I was starving (so was Elise, she was waaay crabby!). The hubby was calling, on his way home from work. I was in no frame of mind to cook. Period. So we ordered pizza. First of all, waiting that long to eat is a bad idea because it takes too long for my body to register there is food in it, so I tend to overeat. Second, having pizza to fill that very empty tummy is bad news! I of course overate. Plus, with all the sodium in pizza I showed a huge gain overnight. Now I KNOW it was just the sodium, but it didn't make me feel any better about myself.

So Saturday was the birthday party for my girls. I made sure the hubby bought a veggie tray and fruit tray along with other snacks so there would be something healthy to eat. Ummm, yeah. Didn't even touch the veggies! I had some fruit, but the chex mix was awesome :( So I ate that. I also had two pieces of cake...that's what happens when there are two cakes to choose from. You just have a piece of each! I was so sick to my stomach Saturday night. You would think I had learned my lesson. But oh no...of course not. I had leftover cake on Sunday along with a couple scoops of ice cream. My eating has seriously taken a nose dive. So far today I am doing well, the only thing off track that I have had is a handful of candy corn. But I will write it down and be accountable for it.

I also haven't been working out. Now at least there is a semi-sort of good excuse for thise one. Friday was my rest day, so I cleaned all day. The last week or so, my right knee has been bothering me. A lot. And I am not wanting to risk injuring it. So I took Saturday and Sunday off. I asked my doc about it on Monday since I was already there for something else. He thinks it's me starting with too much too fast at a a weight my body just isn't used to. Ok, I can understand that. But I am only about 10-15 pounds heavier now than the last time I starting working out and running...so I am not sure what to think about that. He told me that I need to start with just walking. Bleh. Walking can get boring for me. Unless it's outside. So I didn't do anything Monday or Tuesday. So far I haven't done anything today yet either. I am a little depressed that I can't run...I know it doesn't mean I should do nothing. But it is hard for me to be motivated right now. The scale showed a 4 pound gain since Friday. Now I don't know how much of it is water weight and how much is real weight, but it sucks. I don't want to be this way anymore! And I am really just struggling right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment