Monday, October 11, 2010

Quick post tonight...

This will probably be quick post tonight since I am exhausted and the little man is not settling down, may have to go nurse him some more.

Today I managed to get Day 4 of the EA Active 30 Day Challenge done. It was focused on upper body, and I definitey felt it! Then I did manage to get a 3 mile run/walk done! I thought about quitting at 2 miles but I really wanted to get to the 3 miles. I started out by running .5 then walked .25 then run .25. It worked for a bit, but then I ended up walking .5 because I was just too tired to run much more! I think it will be easier to do the long runs on days I do not do the EA Active. Tomorrow is EA Active Day 5 and a rest day for running.

Eating went really well today. Breakfast was my usual, which I have been LOVING! It's so simple, and yet so good! Oatmeal with peanut butter and bananas. I was very impressed with myself at lunch today. The hubby made a pizza and I made myself a wrap. He asked if I was going to eat pizza. I said yes, but I only wanted to eat one or two slices and if I didn't eat something healthier first I would eat at least half the pizza! So I ate my wrap, and I ate 2 pieces of pizza and I did NOT go back for more! The time it really tempted was after my workout. I had a banana and some string cheese but was still starving. And there were two more pieces of that pizza left. It would have been so easy. It wouldn't take any preparation. But I resisted and had strawberries and yogurt. Much better! My biggest thing right now is remembering to fuel my body with what it needs, not with what I think I might want.

My mom sent me home with some fresh grown peppers, so I am going to have fun working those into some recipes. I am becoming quite skilled at getting my girls to eat them without them knowing it by hiding them in the meat of food. I know they lose some of their nutritional value by being cooked, but at least they are getting some more veggies!

So all in all it was a pretty good day, and now I am beat. I guess this was little longer than I thought, but now I am headed to bed. The little man has settled down, so I am off the hook and go to sleep myself. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment