Thursday, October 21, 2010

I wonder...

Two weeks ago I was feeling absolutely satisfied with my food choices. I wasn't hungry after eating a meal, and I didn't feel the need to go back for seconds.

This week it doesn't seem to matter how much I eat. I feel like a bottomless pit.

The difference?? Well on Monday I had the Mirena put in. I know that one of the "side effects" can be weight gain. I happen to disagree with this. Weight gain shouldn't be a side effect unless it makes you gain water weight which is completely out of your control. I think it should be "causes excessive hunger". That makes more sense to me. This means that even though it makes me feel hungry, I have to ability to keep myself from eating myself silly. It doesn't make it any easier to do though.

So today I lost the fight with the ice cream. It's gone now, so the temptation is gone. I had a great breakfast, a great lunch, but then I was starving all day. I had a small piece of cake after lunch. I have actually been chewing Extra gum in order to keep myself from munching all afternoon! I know that I am eating enough, so I am not worried about that. I just don't want to overeat. I don't like not being satisfied. I wonder if that internal switch that says "STOP! You're full!" will come back once I become used to the hormones. Or maybe it will just be a constant struggle to lose weight with the IUD. Either way, it's much better than me being sick all the time and feeling like I'm losing it like when I am on the pill. So I will continue to log my food (I stopped since last Thursday...oops!) for the rest of the week and see if things get better. Knowledge is half the battle, and if I KNOW that I am extra hungry due to hormones, I can try and do things to distract myself.

I also tried to go for a walk today. This ended up being impossible as one of my running shoes has disappeared. It's gone. No clue where to find it. I keep them on the treadmill since that's the only time I use them is for a workout. And I could only find one. They were there on Saturday. I was really really frustrated as I do not own another pair of shoes suitable for walking or running. So the hunt continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment